Hellingly Hospital - The East Sussex Mental Institution.

Hellingly Hospital - The East Sussex Mental Institution.
Hellingly, a Victorian hospital on a grand scale. Conceived in 1897, with landscaped surroundings high on a hill with therapeutic views across the countryside. An enclosed community, providing for itself...patients and staff lives exisiting in familiar corridors and buildings.
Closed down in the eary 1990's and left decaying ever since.

Friday 18 February 2011

Drunken nights of debauchery


"I lived in the lodge for over 10 years, did my nurse training there during the seventies.The head tutor then was Ron Lucas, he was replaced by a miserable old fart by the name of Jock Faulds. I also learnt to drive in the grounds, my father was the district ground supervisor (ivor luscombe)
I often think of my days in Hellingly. I remember the drunken nights of debauchery in the nurse home where i lived (Bowe hill).
It really was a blast from the past seeing your web site. Thanks!"

K.Luscombe

No comments:

Post a Comment